Norton Medical Industries was co-founded by a practicing pathologist, internal medicine specialist, and physician Dr. Marshall Zablen. Dr. Zablen remains the company’s driving force and while other providers outsource Medical Review Officer services to remote doctors, Norton Medical’s Medical Review Officer oversees each program personally, directly and comprehensively. Dr. Zablen, one of the most experience and prolific drug testing physicians in the country, is always happy to provide free compliance consultation for any client. Few people in the world are as knowledgeable about performing drug testing via the most convenient, cost-effective and comfortable methods available. Dr. Zablen’s careful examination of laboratory results and consultation with the donor, before any positive results are reported, are major boons of Norton drug testing programs.
Marshall A. Zablen, M.D.
Medical Director – Medical Review Officer
- Van Nuys High School, Van Nuys, CA 1962
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Zoology, LA, CA 1962-66
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, M.D., Cincinnati, OH 1966-70
- Los Angeles County USC Medical Center, Internship, LA, CA 1970-72
- Established HEW sponsored Migrant Health Center, General Practice, Lamont, CA, 1971-72
- Sepulveda VA Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency, Sepulveda, CA, 1972-74
- Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine 1974
- UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, Pathology Residency, Los Angeles, CA, 1974-75
- Harbor General Hospital, Pathology Residency, Torrance, CA, 1975-78
- Harbor General Hospital, Chief Resident, Pathology, Torrance, CA, 1978
- Internal Medicine Practice, Panorama City, CA, 1978-83
- Internal Medicine Practice, Sherman Oaks, CA, 1983-90
- Norton Medical Industries, Medical Director, Van Nuys, CA, 1989 to present
Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine
Certified, American Association of Medical Review Officers
Certified, SAMHSA, DATIA
Zablen M., Nieberg R. Aspergillosis of the Human Female Genital Tract Demonstrated by Endometrial Jet Washings and Pap Smear. Acta Cytol 21:367-8, 1977
Sarti D, Zablen, M.A. “The Ultrasonic Findings In Intussuception of the Blind Loop In A Jejunal-Ileal Bypass For Obesity”. Journal Clinical Ultrasound 7 (1):50-2, Feb. 1979
Binder M.K., Zablen, M.A., Fleisher E., Sue D.Y., Dwyer R.M., Hanelin L. “Colon Polyps, Sebaceous Cysts, Gastric Polyps and Malignant Brain Tumor in a Family”. American Journal Digestive Disorder 23:460-6, May 1978
Zablen M., Brand N. “Cleft Lip and Palate with the Anticonvulsant Ethotoin”. (Letter) New England Journal of Medicine 297:1404,1977
Piken E., Dwyer R., Zablen, M.A. Gastric Candidiasis. A Report of Two Cases. JAMA 240 (20):2L8L-2, 10 November 1978.
Zablen M., Brand N. Abstract Cleft Lip and Palate with the Anticonvulsant Ethotoin. May, I.R.L. (c) 1978.